Wednesday

What about Charity Drives?

I know you might be asking yourself why you should give your bottles to me rather than save them for the Scouts or a Charity drive for a family or sick child. This is why I post this reply to that exact notion. YOU SHOULD NOT! I would much rather save mine and give them to the kids if they were here every week but reality is..

You should not contact me to pick up your bottles if you have enough room to store them until a door to door collection comes. You should not contact me should you wish for the total proceeds of your deposits to go to some certain charitable fund. If you want, however, to take part in the bag it back campaign here in Ottawa and save the environment in any way you can, you should contact me.

If you want all the 10% of your bottles to go to Bowel Cancer Research, I can make that happen. You give me $20.00 worth of bottles thats 2 bucks towards anything you like, we can keep track and at the end of the year you give it all to Shepards of Good Hope, make us all happy. I do understand that most of us don't have the room to wait for the local beavers and guides to come asking at the door. I implore you, if you hear they are coming save your bottles. If your stack in the garage is about to fall and for any reason you just would rather I show up after dinner on Thursday and load them in my truck rather than you load them in yours. You can know that 10% of what they are worth is going somewhere.

Well, it makes sense to me anyway.

No comments: